Sunday, July 5, 2009

The birthday lookie-loo

Does anyone else do this? As your birthday approaches, you start to think about where you are in your life? Think about the goals not met, the projects undone? I find it's too easy for me to focus on the negative stuff, and I forget to count my blessings. So, I forthwith enumerate the good stuff.

1.) Health. Mine, my husband's, my kid's, my in-law's, the whole extended family and friends. I don't take it for granted and I'm very, very grateful we have it.

2.) Family. All the Clarks. The Kurths and Junes. My 4 children. My wonderful husband!

3.) Home. Not just the comfortable house we live in. The Central Coast, and it's oak-studded hills and great wine. California, with it's wacky, nutty-crunchy ideas and great farmer's markets. The United States of America, which doesn't limit my legal rights just because I'm a girl, or change governments by force.

4.) Opportunities. I can go back to school. I can plant all the roses and fruit trees Miles will let me. I've got the ability to help others less fortunate than my self. I can watch my beautiful twins grow and learn. I am able to stay home with my kids.

I've got it pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment