Monday, August 31, 2009

Fires, sickness and kitties with road rash

It's been a week here in Mayberry.

First, Mama went down with a virus. Low grade fever, headache and a cough that sounds like an out-of-sorts bloodhound. 3 days I was out of commision. Luckily, my treasure of a husband was able to competently step up and keep the troops fed, watered and entertained. Miles is my hero.

Next up on our list on concerns; the fires ravaging Southern California. The kids go to a Methodist summer camp near Palmdale. Kayla was in tears last night, fearing the worst. Today, I tracked the fires via satelite and texted her with updates. At last report, Camp Colby was spared major damage and the fires near it were contained. Can I get an "Amen!"?

Claire has been quite the clown these days. If she's not flinging herself fearlessly unto playground equipment*, she's on all fours, meowing and licking my ankle.

* while bandaging her forehead, from which she removing the top few layers of skin falling off the tire swing at school, I opined, "that looks like it hurt, Clairezie." "Yeah," she muttered. "I won't do that again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment