Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In the middle of the night

"Mom-mah!"

"Mom!"

Gah. It's 2:54 ante meridiem.

"MOM!"

So, I get up and head to the little girls' room. Claire is standing by the door, eyes wide, clutching Clairezie Bear.

"What?" I whisper.

"There is a spider in my cup!" she whispers back. Apparently, this it the most awful thing that could happen in a suburban little girl's room. Ever.

I switch on the light above her bed, gingerly pick up the offending cup. No spider.

"Claire. I think you were dreaming. There is no spider here. Go back to bed"

"OK." She flops back in bed, grabs the covers and rolls into the Claire sleeping position. She closes her eyes. "G'nite, Mom."

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I slept through the entire episode...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a spider nightmare as a kid that I remember clear as day. Gigantic daddy long legs were all over my bed.

    ReplyDelete