Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In the middle of the night, episode 8

Oh, Claire was in rare form last night. She woke up crying 4 times!

11:23pm

"Clairezie?"

"I want Daddy!"

Daddy heard this, as the child has a voice a Wagnerian soprano would envy. He went in, I climbed back into bed and resumed sipping my champagne. Miles wasn't gone very long and once more the house was peaceful.

until....

11:42pm

"You're up, Daddy" says Mama.

Miles leaves again, and again, comes back quickly.

"Well?" I asked.

"She just misses me." Daddy didn't look too flattered by this, for some reason.


1:17am

My turn.

"Claire, honey?"

Sobs, "Mom! There's a spider web!"

"No, sweetie. There's no spider web. It's just a dream. Go back to sleep."

Sniffle. "Ok, Mom."


4:32am

"Claire! For crying out loud, what?!?" I loudly whisper.

"I forgot to give you a hug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment