Thursday, September 23, 2010

In the middle of the night; episode 13

Aeron's back to her evil ways. Three times she cried in her sleep last night.

The first time was about 10pm. She whimpered for a few minutes, then quieted down.

Next time was about midnight. She started to mewl , worked up to sniveling, and proceeded right on to a full-throated wail. By the time I decided she wasn't gonna pipe down and got out of bed, she was in the potty. In the dark. Crying.

"Boo. Whatsa matter?" No answer, just more crying.

"Aeron. Why are you crying?" She just looked at me, hopped off the pot and pulled up her drawers.

I followed the staggering child back to her room, whereupon, she flung herself into bed. I tucked her in, gave her Blue Bear, and pulled up the covers.

"Aeron! Stop crying!" I fiercely whispered, glancing over to Claire's bed. The other one was half-off her bed, covers on the floor, pillow over her head. Aeron finally focused her eyes, and whispered, "OK, Mama."

Round three came at 2:34am. Sobbing from Aeron echoed throughout the house. I sighed and climbed out of bed, trying to figure out whom I possibly could have offended: the gypsies? a leprechaun, some bruja, perhaps?


Aeron was in bed this time, covers all over, Blue Bear on the floor. I asked her what was wrong.

"Wwwwwhaaaaaa (gasp!) ahhhhh-huhnnnna (gasp!) ammmmnnna (snort!) PORK! And that's (gasp!) NOT NICE!"

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Well, in a sleepy-parent-why-does-my-kid-wake-up kinda way.

    Just found your blog today.

    This reminds me of when my daughter was little. Ahhh, memories!

    ReplyDelete