Friday, December 10, 2010

I may have done something slightly crazy, part 2

Where was I?

Ah, yes. The lady I don't know, with the starving 10 year-old daughter, whom I invited to my house.

Elizabeth wrote about our email exchanges regarding my offer here.  We also made plans to meet for lunch somewhere in LA, when Miles and I are visiting the Dodges' at New Year's. You know, so I can meet her and make certain she's not an ax-murderer who will attempt to slaughter my children, steal my good silver or BBQ my cat.

So, she's coming sometime in February for Jen's Cooking Survival School - the Emergency Version. I have grand plans running around my head which involve a cookbook, with LOTS of room for notes and a really obnoxious apron. (I'll show her to threaten me with ugly garden statuary!) Now I just have to figure out exactly what I should teach her.

Here's my criteria:

  • Recipes should be basic and not involve complicated techniques, like flambe or juggling.
  • Recipes should not "re-invent the wheel". She can buy a salad at Trader Joe's.
  • Results should be able to be used in more than one dish.
  • Result should be reasonably nutritional.


Any suggestions, people?

2 comments:

  1. Lady, check your homeowner's fire insurance policy. I'm a' comin.'

    Also, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would vote for potato stuff. It is a quick and easy thing to cook and it is what I take to all the pot lucks I go to. I think you have a fancier name for it. But my family just calls it potato stuff that Jen taught Devin to make.

    ReplyDelete