Monday, May 23, 2011

This is definately one for the rehersal dinner



It's a beautiful spring here in Mayberry. Flowers are bloomin', birds are singin', new life is burgeoning everywhere. And the kindergarteners are learning about babies. Frog babies, chicken and duck babies, bunny babies.

(You parents in the room can see where this is going, right?)

Yep. Now they are curious about people babies. 

Aeron asks me, solemnly, "Mama? How do people babies get into their mama's tummy?" 

Oh, lord. I'm so not ready for this. "It's very complicated, sweetie. We'll talk about it later." I'm thinking, like, in 5 years or so. 

"Later, like in 10 minutes?" she asks. 

"No, some other day. When you are older." 

"I know how." pipes up Claire. "The mama keeps eating and eating and then the baby shows up."

2 comments:

  1. I love this moment. I always turned these moments around on them with a single question. What do you think? That way I could gage what they truly wanted to know. Most of the time my kids wanted less information than I thought I would have to give. This will only get more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Claire is totally right. That's what my mom told me. Is that how people babies are made? Do tell, Jen.

    ReplyDelete