Thursday, November 28, 2013

Notes from up the mountain

We have spent this week in Colorado ski country, having an extended family reunion/Thanksgiving/memorial for my husband's grandparents.

Herein I offer some random observations...

Altitude sickness blows. I breathe hard walking around a room and a cup of coffee gives me a hangover-style headache. But at least I'm not throwing up like one of my daughters.

It feels really strange not to be responsible for making the meal. Like I'm slacking or something....

Ladies in peri-menopause do not need a heavy coat in the snow.

Smart Water is my friend. I can't even count how many liters of the stuff I've had in the last 4 days.

Despite the breathtaking beauty of the Rockies, and all the wonderful times with the extended family, I cannot wait to go home. Sea level, here I come!

I sure wish these folks were closer. Wisconson, Iowa, Arizona are all much too far away. What a marvelous group of human beings!

Tomorrow, we all say our final goodbyes to Nana & Papa. What an inspiration to us all!

I am so very grateful for my wonderful family, the chance for us all to be together, and the opportunity to celebrate the lives of Will and Lois Clark.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!











1 comment:

  1. Hey I love this. I love hearing your voice here. I'm on blogspot.com . Inactive lately. Rhythm of yhe light. High holidays soon be over...

    ReplyDelete