Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pollan's doing it to me again

During GodMother Camp, I used my freedom to visit several bookstores. I browsed at a leisurely pace, sipping hot coffee and reveled in the absence of rampaging offspring. I stocked up on some used kids books and also found a few books I've been wanting to read, including "Second Nature; a gardener's education" by Michael Pollan.

I'm only on page 81, and the man has sent me scurrying to the dictionary twice already. And you gotta love a chapter entitled "Compost and Its Moral Imperatives".




2 comments:

  1. Whoa, lady, I step away from the RSS for awhile and I come back to see a flurry of activity from you! I like!

    Uh-oh, I'm not sure how I feel about books that I have to consult outside sources to understand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a challenge! If only my Random House Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language wasn't holding up the bed! But that's another post entirely.

    ReplyDelete