Sunday, March 7, 2010

4 years old, and she's got it figured out


Claire has a thing for this boy at preschool. His name is Miles and he's actually a kindergartner, who then comes to preschool the other half of the day. Miles hasn't responded well to Claire's declarations of love. She asked him to marry her a couple of months back, and she was shot down in flames.

Last Friday after school, she told me it was Miles' birthday. "He brought cupcakes!" she said.

"Did you all sing happy birthday?" I asked.

"Yup. But I didn't kiss him."

"You didn't? Why not?" I inquired.

She looked at me, and said in a disgusted tone, "He doesn't want to marry me! He doesn't get kisses!"

Words to live by, kid.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Jenn! Out of the mouth of babes!!!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Caitlin said the same thing to me (kind of) ;P

    ReplyDelete